NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
Contest may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Contest is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the United States.
1. How to Enter. To enter the "Bake Dolly Parton's Birthday Cake! Contest" ("Contest"), share an image of your cake via pinterest, instagram, twitter, tumblr or facebook using the hashtag #BakedforDolly and tagging @brooklynbaker and @abramsbooks. Then visit Abramsbooks.com/bakedoccasions and fill out the entry information. Read the Official Rulesbelow. All entry information and Comments shall be collectively referred to herein as the "Submissions" or each as a "Submission." Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this Contest in the event an insufficient number of entries are received that meet the minimum entry criteria.
All entrants must have a valid email address. Limit one (1) entry per person. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries, including Submissions, become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
2. Start/End Dates. Contest begins 12:00 AM EST on October 1, 2014, and ends at 12:00 AM EST on October 31, 2014.
3. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia, who are 18 or older as of date of entry. Void outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Contest materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the United States or the District of Columbia. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4. Judging/Judging Criteria. Judges reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any Entries that are inappropriate for any reason. Due to the expected volume of entries, Entries will be read continuously during the entry time, with judging concluding on or about November 15, 2014. The judging panel consisting of the authors Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito shall apply the judging criteria and choose one (1) Grand Prize Winner and (2) Runners Up. All Entries will be judged based on the following equally-weighted judging criteria: (a) originality, (b) creativity, (c) ability to be replicated. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
5. Prizes. One Grand Prize Winner will receive two $500 airfare vouchers and two nights lodging at a Dollywood property (black out dates will apply) for two, two tickets to Dollywood parks during the duration of their stay, two tickets to dinner at Dixie Stampede, one signed copy of Baked Occasions and a package of goodies from Baked NYC. Total ARV: $3000. Two Runners Up will each receive one (1) signed copy of Baked Occasions and a package of goodies from Baked NYC. Total ARV of each Runner Up prize: $100. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemption. In the case of unavailability of prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
6. Notification. Winner will be notified by email and will be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and/or rights transfer document within five (5) days of prize notification. If any winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity and rights transfer document must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian. If any winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to the Submission with the next highest score. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
7. Conditions. Any and all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Participation in Contest and acceptance of prize constitutes each entrant's permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, Submission and/or any statements made by each entrant regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified.
8. Additional Terms. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth in Section 1 above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one's ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor may select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Name of Winner. To receive the name of winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by December 31, 2014 to: ABRAMS Marketing, 115 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011.
11. Sponsor. Harry N. Abrams, Inc., www.abramsbooks.com, 115 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011; Dollywood; and Baked NYC (collectively the "Sponsor").